Myotein is one of the best protein powders to ever hit the market, and it can help you build muscle mass and cut fat in no time.
Myotein, from Xtreme Pharmaceutical Innovations (XPI), is aimed at the bodybuilding community as well as regular consumers looking to gain muscle mass. It features a blend of six proteins that are combined to provide a constant supply of protein to the body’s muscles as the day or night progresses.
The protein blend is a mixture of proteins with different absorption rates, so the effects of the powder actually last for hours and hours, unlike some powders with similar claims but no results-oriented support.
Best Proteins for the Best Powder
The real key to Myotein’s success is its blend of proteins, fat burners and other ingredients that provide long-lasting power and muscle recovery. Looking at these ingredients can give you insight as to why Myotein may be the best protein powder available for you.
The main Myotein ingredients are:
- Whey Protein Hydrolysate. This protein is among to the best of whey proteins because of its bioavailability, allowing it to be absorbed by the body very quickly. This delivers protein to your body right away and helps at the start of or just after your workout. It is also a great source of essential amino acids.
- Whey Protein Isolate. This is a protein made from whey but with added milk proteins. It absorbs quickly and supports protein synthesis. Since it is diary based, users should be careful.
- Whey Protein Concentrate. This concentrate is 35% of the essential nutrients for muscle-building proteins. It raises the metabolic rate to reduce your hunger and improves your blood sugar. Because of its nutrient composition, it also plays a big role in muscle tissue and fiber development.
- Casein. This is a milk protein that’s often found in dairy products. It supports both bone and muscle growth. It’s a slow-release protein that takes hours for it to release amino acids into your body.
- Glutamine. This protein is an amino acid – you may know it as one of the common bases in DNA. Glutamine supports overall body recovery and regrowth, and has long been used as a post-surgery supplement in hospitals.
- Colostrum. This milk-based substance is very high in protein and is essential to your body development. Colostrum plays a major role in the growth of newborn babies. For adults, Colostrum helps increase muscle mass above normal limits.
- Aminogen. This is a digestive enzyme that increases protein absorption in the stomach. Improving this rate allows your body to better build muscles as you digest the powder.
- 20E. This hormone, also known as ecdysterone, promotes muscle growth and fat loss. It is used by many people looking to increase muscle mass because it operates as a steroid but lacks many of the side effects.
- Coleus Forskohlii. To keep your endurance up, Myotein has added Coleus Forskohlii. This plant-based ingredient increases the rate at which you burn fat and improves the body’s endurance during and after a workout.
Does It Work?
Myotein blends together some of the best proteins available and each serving comes in at 26 grams. This gives it the opportunity to work during your workout and boost your overall muscle development as well as improve your energy.
After a workout, the proteins and nutrients improve your recovery time and keep you from getting sore. As you increase your use and your workouts, it also tends to help you build more muscle faster.
XPI recommends that you use Myotein as part of a vigorous workout program and take it immediately after you work out. Users have reported taking it throughout the day and night and still seeing results.
It doesn’t have caffeine or other stimulants so it won’t keep you up all night. Few users have reported any GI concerns with the powder, so you also don’t have to worry about the day’s other activities before you take it.
For shakes, users recommend mixing its chocolate flavor directly with milk for the best taste. Others note that it also works well blended with ice and water. However, this is just to cut out any fat from the milk. Since Myotein already includes dairy products, lactose intolerant people should not use the supplement.
Myotein is one of the safest powders around and very few users have reported any side effects. Aminogen will actually help cut down on many of the problems other powders cause. So as long as you’re able to consume dairy and don’t mind spending between $40 and $50 a bottle, Myotein is for you.